Legal Counsel, EMEA Legal Support Group-2300015X
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages
Oracle has established a Legal Support Group for EMEA with a number of lawyers based in Bucharest and Prague. We are looking to recruit an additional Legal Counsel in Prague to join the team to provide centralised support for Oracle’s country-based lawyers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, undertaking a variety of tasks relating to contracts, legal documents and commercial transactions. This role is ideally suited for a lawyer seeking experience in a multi-national environment, with the opportunity to develop legal, organisational and communication skills and to work with experienced lawyers in multiple jurisdictions
The role will be reporting into the Legal Director for the EMEA Legal Support Group, with some day to day management from various country-based lawyers.
- Review and negotiation of non-disclosure, teaming and similar agreements.
- Liaison with local country legal teams to support a variety of legal tasks including:
o Assignments/novations and similar requests;
o RfP and pre-sales documentation reviews;
o Negotiation of Oracle’s standard commercial agreements;
o Customer data legal queries, including GDPR related requests;
- Deal Support to Oracle’s Deal Management team including review and drafting of contract clauses.
- Working with Compliance and Ethics team to respond to customer requests in relation to Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics policies.
- Engagement in longer term projects such as reviews of Oracle’s standard contracts, online contracting and eCommerce.
- Full legal qualification preferred and a Masters’ Degree in international law or other relevant area of law is an advantage.
- 2 years+ post qualification experience as a Legal Counsel/Legal Adviser would be preferred.
- Fluency in English is required. Arabic is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High levels of responsiveness and adaptability.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates intermediate level general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub discipline within the individual's specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2+ years related experience from a leading law firm or appropriate in-house experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Solid legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Self-starter with proven ability to manage a fast-paced workload. Ability to work as part of a team.
Location: CZ-CZ,Czech Rep-Prague
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire