Lead SRE Software Engineer (Site Reliability)
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Sabre’s services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to users’ needs and a fast rate of improvement. Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for maintaining tools, systems and platforms for Sabre services. This includes troubleshooting problems with systems and services, regular deployment of new versions of the systems and their subcomponents, deployment validation and testing, service monitoring, standing up new services/tools, etc.
• Ownership for designing and delivering software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Sabre’s services
• Taking initiative to automate our processes and support our clients
• Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centers and in the cloud
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains – will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot
• Develop release documentation covering all aspects of new release
• Design and build environments based on requirements
- Effective day to day communication and problem-solving skills will be a key to be successful in that role
- Good self-organization skills and initiative
- Capability to work independently as well as collaborate with team
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair systems related problems
- Software engineering background and scripting skills (e.g. bash)
- Experience with installing, configuring and trouble-shooting Java applications
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity, Maven, GIT)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or SVN
- Experience in one or more of Java, Python, Shell programming
- Very good knowledge of English and Polish (both written and verbal)
Desired Work Experience
- Understanding of high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Experience in internet protocols such as Java SOAP and/or REST
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, Kubernetes, ApiGee)
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.