The Lead Softwate Engineer role at Kasaz is mainly hands-on, this role offering opportunities to actively contribute to the technical culture of the company, in recruitment activities and setting up standards for our team. Some of the main responsibilities of the role are:
Leading development of a high quality, mobile-first web platform, using Ruby and Ruby on Rails on the backend, React Native on the frontend, and AWS and Docker for infrastructure. Writing clean and maintainable code, using automated testing and continuous integration.
Being in charge of the tech team: team planning, assigning tasks, ensuring code quality via code reviews, hiring and coaching if needed, etc.
Being the go-to person for Product, Sales and Marketing for defining and implementing features.
- Broad experience (5+ years) building scalable web-based systems. Experience with Ruby required, React and AWS very well valued.
- Proven experience (2+ years) leading development teams, with a track record of delivering and maintaining quality.
- Expertise in standard open-source development tools: git/GitHub, SQL, Linux,…
- Great communication skills, our office language is English
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary + equity, suited to your skills and experience
- Phantom Shares equity plan
- Remote work accepted (preferably if based in Barcelona for periodic team meetings)
- Top of the line equipment, e.g: Macbook Pro 15″ + 4K 27″ screen
- Flexible working hours, 23 vacation days per year + public holidays