The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers and Technical Artists with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
The European team is experiencing high growth, and with back-end systems becoming an increasingly important part of Games and Media & Entertainment (M&E) applications, we’re looking to create a team that will serve two functions: provide development assistance in back-end related areas for our long-term consulting and development services, and design and develop the internal tools that will allow our organization to scale. If you’re technically skilled, customer-focused, an excellent communicator, and are interested in improving internal processes, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will involve managing a team of Full-Stack Software Developers, helping our Sales Representatives with the assessment of new business opportunities that have a back-end component, scoping potential projects, and leading the development efforts for our internal tools.
As we’re a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet your reports. Occasionally, you’ll also be required to travel to customers’ offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
We’re committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage your direct reports to grow their technical skills and careers, and ensure they have everything they need in order to be successful in their roles
- Engage with our clients to learn about their operations and specify innovative solutions that improve their core business based around the core strategies of the Professional Services team.
- Assist in the creation of proofs-of-concept, pitches, and prototypes to excite clients about Unity’s potential. Create specifications and requirements to tightly scope projects, respond to RFPs and accurately set customers’ expectations for outcomes.
- Constantly train on new and emerging technologies in order to discover new ways to apply them for our clients.
- Collaborate internally with Sales / Business Development, Solutions Engineers, Software Development and Technical Art Consultants and other SMEs to accurately estimate the effort and value of potential projects. Then collaborate with our Engagement Managers to deliver Statements of Work and respond to customer RFPs.
What we’re looking for
- Experience managing a small team of software developers or solution architects.
- Experience developing and shipping software, from initial design through delivery & live operations, on multiple completed projects.
- Experience defining technical specifications & requirements for software projects
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, and the ability to deliver presentations to clients. And ability to travel to customers on a flexible schedule.
- An interest in working on the back-end systems of projects in the Games and Media & Entertainment (M&E) domains.
You might also have
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience working with or in Systems Integrators, consultancies, and enterprise software development, and experience in project or account management.
- Experience using Unity in a professional environment. As well as experience in the games industry and/or real-time 3D domain experience in a related industry (e.g., Visualization, Digital Twins, etc).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.