TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech start-up that offers online money transfers to over 160 countries with high speeds, low fees and no hassle. We’re striving to make the world a fairer place for migrants by providing tailored, more affordable financial services that makes their hard-earned money go further. Over 300 employees in offices across Europe are building a brilliant, relevant product supported by outstanding customer service.
We’ve come this far by building a talented, diverse workforce on a fair culture of trust, empowerment, and fun. And because our people understand the challenges our customers face, they’re better placed to make life easier for our customers around the world — 4 million of them, and counting.
Here’s what you’ll be doing as Lead Front-End Engineer:
- You will research, design and deliver software using the latest client-side technologies with an eye toward performance, reusability and SEO best-practices. Together with your team you will collaborate with business partners to define product requirements, plans, and deliverables;
- You will be involved in the full development cycle including requirement definition, review, product design, coding, testing and maintenance support;
- Along the way you will be able to learn and innovate as well as to share your knowledge with other members of the team. You will be working alongside great engineers, designers, QA specialists and other top-notch specialists.
You will be working within our tech department to contribute to the Web application development and make our product accessible to Web users all around the world. Main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for planning and facilitating Front end guild meetings;
- Plan and execute guild strategy, to plan and execute Font end guild roadmap;
- Communicate guild initiatives with stakeholders, have common agreements with teams and C level and getting final approvals for final decisions;
- Ensure Front end technical vision alignment with business needs;
- Work together with developers and other stakeholders to build smooth & scalable app;
- Educate and share knowledge of the best software development practises;
- Contribute to quality by identifying spots of improvements;
- Participate in team’s ceremonies such as refinements, sprint ending/planing, retros, guild meetings, etc.
We use these tools and techniques to help us get the job done:
- React & Redux;
- Sass, CSS modules;
- Babel, Webpack, Node.js;
- Gatsby (additional technology).
We’re excited about you because you:
- 4+ years experience working with above mentioned technologies;
- Have experience in leading team by example, mentoring and coaching them;
- More focus on team alignment and team development rather than individual approach;
- Have experience in delivering production quality code;
- Fluent in English and are able to communicate effectively;
- Are enthusiastic about technology and best engineering practices. You believe that good code does not mean complicated code;
- Good practical skills with Git and JIRA. Unit Testing and Continuous Integration (CI) would be a plus;
- Experience in RESTful APIs.
Nice to have:
- Hiring experience.
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way. We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits are:
- We are offering relocation support for candidates willing to relocate to Lithuania regarding war situation;
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community;
- A competitive salary package;
- Being eligible for company’s stock options;
- Unlimited paid vacation in accordance with the Company’s vacation policy;
- Trust Days & Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home remotely;
- Training budget for professional development (included in the salary amount);
- Providing technical equipment for the job for additional monthly fee;
- Opportunity to dedicate 15% of time for learning and innovation – Company events and activities.