To facilitate the successful operation of the Division through appropriate liaison support areas for the provision of strategic and technical development.
What you'll be doing
Lead Data Engineer:
At Fleetcor we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer in our global data team to work closely with the business to launch data products and help design and build our new Data Platform on AWS. You will have a proven track record of leading and scaling data engineering teams, strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills and strong business engagement skills.
Data @ Fleetcor - Data is at the heart of what we do, creating data-driven products that help improve our customers experience and drive our business forwards. The Data team comprises Data Scientists, Data Engineers, BI Engineers as well as Reporting and Marketing specialists.
As our Lead Data Engineer you will:
- Shape and own the product vision and roadmap for our Data Platform
- Lead a team of data engineers that work with you to transform the vision into reality
- Lead the technical / architecture direction of the platform
- You will be responsible for a team reviewing, maintaining, iterating and implementing python-based ETL workflows in a production environment
- Collaborate with business leaders to unlock the value of the data
- Drive data quality across the business
Skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- Experience in managing development of on-prem and transitioning to cloud based self-service data product solutions
- A positive & enthusiastic, can do attitude, with a passion to do the right thing,
- Proven working experience as a data engineer in a similar fast paced commercial environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing development or engineering teams and operations.
- You will have extensive knowledge of SQL, Python, Apache Airflow along with data ETL processing from multiple cloud based data sources.
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools.
- You have worked in cross functional teams and are able to influence stakeholders
- Strong experience working in a CI/CD environment (GitHub)
- Experience of working with business stakeholders on data problems, translating their expertise into data solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills, taking ownership for business problems and creating lasting solutions.
- You bring a strong experience with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
- Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS (S3, Redshift, Apache Airflow)
- Experience with data modelling and data warehousing solutions
- Data architecture experience desirable.
FLEETCOR is a global technology organisation that is leading the future of commercial payments with a culture of innovation that drives us to constantly create new and better ways to pay. Our specialized payment solutions help businesses control, simplify, and secure payment for fuel, general payables, toll and lodging expenses. Millions of people in over 80 countries around the world use our solutions for their payments.
All offers of employment made by FLEETCOR (and its subsidiary companies) are subject to the successful completion of satisfactory pre-employment vetting by an independent supplier (Experian). This is in accordance with FLEETCOR's Resourcing Policy and include employment referencing, identity, adverse financial, criminal and sanctions list checks. We do this to meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
FLEETCOR is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture among our employees. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. We seek to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunities.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: FLEETCOR will not accept unsolicited CV's from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any FLEETCOR employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of FLEETCOR. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.