Amazon is building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our team’s mandate is to build a world class Ads Localization program that removes language related barriers from advertising and help suppliers reach a global audience at scale. This is a one of a kind localization program that uses best in class machine translation technology and combines it with intelligence from human translators to deliver highest quality marketing translations. As a language quality specialist for Chinese source languages on this team, you will be responsible for working with our vendors on quality for translations from Chinese to the following languages (English – 75%, French, German, Spanish and Italian and many more eventually). You will work with Program and Product Managers to define opportunities for optimizing the quality auditing processes and be the single threaded owner for translation quality for Chinese source translations.
• Audit, review and bar raise quality of marketing content in your native language
• Monitor external vendor quality and investigate quality variation, ensuring best in class marketing content in your native language
• Provide feedback and linguistic coaching to external vendors
• Identify and pursue quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with other internal teams
• Responsible for and manage language quality and maintenance of associated assets
• Create and maintain glossaries, style guides, and translation memories for assigned languages
• Take part in vendor arbitration discussions and act as a linguistic consultant for vendor queries
• Maintain Amazon Advertising brand and product localization standards
What We Offer: