NNIT is seeking a SharePoint Specialist to join our Digital workplace department. As a SharePoint Specialist you will be working with Operation of many interesting installations across our many customer’s environments.
You will work with a variety of content management environments for our customers and be responsible for ensuring stable operation of our customer’s content management systems.
- Performs administration, configuration, and technical support for SharePoint on-premises environments
- Performs maintenance of SharePoint Servers/Farms on-premises
- Troubleshoot and resolving SharePoint Farm Platform issues
- Performs administration and technical support for O365 – SharePoint Online, Teams and OneDrive
- Daily operations and maintenance of content management platforms based on SharePoint
- Participation in NNIT Operation Centre supporting customers with a variety of SharePoint cases
- Maintenance of documentation
- Active contribution to improve and optimize our services
You find it interesting to understand the client's everyday needs and you use this to give NNIT customers optimal solutions:
- 80% solving maintenance issues / tickets – L1 and L2 level
- 20% analysis, documentation, configuration management
Your qualifications and experience
You have 1+ years of experience with operation of infrastructure, servers, and IIS.
You have basic knowledge and interest in content management systems – preferably with focus on SharePoint.
Furthermore, it would be preferable if you have experience within the following technologies/frameworks:
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Windows Server, Active Directory
- Basic general SQL or PowerShell knowledge
- ITIL knowledge – being confident how tickets work
- Very good English skills (both oral and written)
- Strong technical knowledge regarding applications and services
- Very good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Technical writing ability
You understand or you can learn the importance of working in highly regulated industries. The daily operation will be grounded in the ITIL framework.
- 5 weeks of vacations/year
- 5 sick days/year
- Possibility to work from home
- Referral program
- Cafeteria flexible spending account (12,000 CZK/year)
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 100 CZK per workday (55 CZK is covered by NNIT)
- Fully covered MultiSport card enabling free entry to sports facilities in the Czech Republic
- Breakfasts on Mondays and monthly Friday Bars (free beer and snacks)
- Free fruits and vegetables
- The wide selection of tea and coffee for free
- Height-adjustable tables, relax zones with Xbox, PlayStation and ping pong
- Czech and Danish language lessons
- Annual flu vaccination for free