Functional Programming (junior)
JUNIOR SCALA DEVELOPER to fintech project
REMOTE in Poland or HQ in Gdańsk.
For 7 years, our international team of over 100 developers has been helping large and small companies (from FinTech, Blockchain, eCommerce sector) develop their IT projects. We helped customers like Kreditech, Bexio, Tapad, Qvantel, and Cryptonomic. We have a 5/5 score on Clutch – check it here.
For our clients, Scalac’s teams are delivering exceptional tech skills, with a lot of empathy, as one of our customers said himself here.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR? We are looking for JUNIOR SCALA DEVELOPERS,
who have already been through their first commercial Scala experience for around 1 year and want to develop the skills into Big Data direction.
The most important thing you should bring to the team is a mix of engagement and willingness to learn. As a junior, you will have the opportunity to have ambitious tasks and will be provided with support from our side. You will grow with us while working on the fintech external project and participating in internal and external courses.
WHAT SALARY CAN YOU EXPECT?
- 4500 – 9000 net PLN / month on b2b contract (or equivalent currency in USD/EUR)
It varies and depends on your experience and skills and grows alongside your skills. You can count on regular and open discussions. We take a transparent approach to that matter. Contract of employment is also possible (Poland).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- 4000 PLN* net dedicated to your personalized development budget
- 3 additional development days off
- Holiday bonus (21 days, B2B)
- National holidays bonus (depends on location, B2B)
- 1000 PLN* net dedicated to language skills development (English)
- Unlimited book budget
- You choose the equipment you want to work at. We make sure it’s the best one and update it regularly.
*or the equivalent currency in USD or EUR
WHICH AREAS WILL BE TOUCHED BY YOUR DEVELOPMENT PATH?
Join us and with us and give yourself a chance to touch cutting-edge technologies like listed below:
- Unix, Linux,
- Work on an external project and create a new big data platform
- Work on the client computer with Windows
- Work with an international team of specialists.
- Design and implement database systems.
- Implement business logic based on the established requirements.
- Ensure the high quality of delivered software code.
- Using the best practices Software Engineers
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Good programming and testing practices.
- Excellent communication skills, so you can communicate well with the technical team and our clients.
- English at an advanced level.
- A proactive approach, can-do attitude, growth mindset, problem-solving skills, and being a real team player.
- Independence in your tasks and decisions while keeping the rest of the team in mind.
HOW WILL YOUR WORKING DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Flexible & remote work mode
Imagine starting your workday when you are completely rested, no need to get up early because you have the possibility to choose your own working hours. You can work fully remotely or choose the hybrid model. You can go to the office or stay at home. We will gladly assist you in retrofitting your home office. You can also work from our beautiful office in Gdańsk or from a coworking space, which we can organize.
No comments at all. Join us and try!
- Knowledge sharing
Imagine, every day you sharpen your Scala skills by working alongside the best Scala Engineers from all over the world. You participate in knowledge-sharing sessions called Pizza Days or internal training like Scala 3 conducted by certified trainers. You can use our knowledge base full of interesting materials.
- The individually tailored development path
Together we will set your development path and meet regularly for 1on1 discussions, where you will receive and give feedback. As we highly value your development we’ll give you a dedicated budget of 4000 PLN per year and a possibility to develop. You will have a chance to work under the watchful, senior eye.
Imagine, you can feel like a member of the Scala community, having a chance to be a part of open source projects like ZIO, attend meetups like Functional World Meetup hosted by Scalac and conferences as a participant, or as a speaker – it’s up to you!
Our recruitment process has 5 stages:
- Discovery talk with HR (around 30 minutes)
- Technical task (3 days to solve)
- Technical talk with our developer or/and our client (depending on the task result) (around 1 – 1,5 hours)
- Talk with the PM, dedicated to this project.
- Final talk with Head of People (around 30 minutes)
After technical steps, regardless of your evaluation, you will receive clear feedback from us!