Apify’s mission is to make the web more programmable. Why? Because we believe that humans have better things to do than fill information into internet forms, compile Excel sheets of copy-pasted data or watch thousands of videos to determine whether they include a specific brand logo. Those are jobs for a machine. And just as in the real world we have tools that make our lives easier, we should have tools to make our lives easier on the web.
Web automation can be anything. We robotize unsubscribe flows to save people money and we collect billions of rows of data from all over the world for science, market research or finding lost children. Fortune 500 companies and small startups alike need this power to make great business decisions.
To support our mission, we’re looking for talented and experienced engineers to help us build the next generation of the web, where machines talk to machines and humans do creative work that drives progress. Will you join us ?
Who are we looking for?
- You are an avid leaner and looking to grow your expertise
- You have a problem solving mindset
- You’re able to write and speak English well
- You have empathy and patience to understand customers and their needs
- Currently, we are only looking for full-time commitment
What you will learn with us?
- How websites work behind the curtain
- How to write beautiful code that reads like a novel
- How to write efficient cloud programs that process hundreds of millions pages monthly
- How to contribute to collaborative open and closed source projects and design great APIs that other devs will love to use
- And potentially, how to build your own team and start your own projects inside the company
Our tech stack:
- Development: Node.js (+ some Typescript), Chrome Dev Tools, Apify SDK, Puppeteer, Playwright, JQuery/Cheerio + many other specialized libraries
- Environment: Local for writing & testing + Apify platform for production
- Tools: GitHub, ZenHub, Notion, GSuite
- Process: in-depth onboarding, two-week sprints, code reviews, tests, automating whatever we can
What we offer?
- Full-time job in Prague, Czech Republic or remotely as long as you actively participate in the team and we see each other regularly online
- No open spaces – proper solid offices directly in the Lucerna Palace
- Zero bullshit policy – No Jira, no Okta, no Confluence, no Certified™ScrumMasters®, no quarterly estimates. Just GitHub, GSuite, Notion, Slack, and shipping stuff to production
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely and nobody counts holidays, as long as the work gets done
- Epic trips (biking, canoeing, snowkiting in Norway and similar ordinary stuff )
- Above-market compensation, stock options, puppies in office
- Multisport card
- Generous HW budget
- Free lunches, unlimited supply of and (and slivovica), ping pong, foosball league, and so on
Powered by JazzHR