We are looking for experienced, dedicated developers to join our IT development centre in Prague and help us advance and maintain the functionality and technology of our systems, as well as growing the team. You will be involved in the technical design of new functional requirements, continuous improvement of existing solutions and support of running systems. The applications currently run on premise, with a vision to move them onto cloud architecture.
You will acquire insight into financial market products and settlements processes for payment and financial instrument settlement. The diverse set of business stakeholders, customer requirements and business processes of exchanges will challenge your business skills while the high reliability, scalability and performance requirements of our systems will challenge your technical skills.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- As part of the multi-year PMDS / R7 initiative, the Strategic Planning & Architecture team is defining the architecture for Eurex’ ambitious new risk and market data management platform.
- Based on a portable, modern microservice architecture, R7 will replace critical Risk systems, including Prisma, over the coming years and architectural integrity is paramount.
Who is an ideal new colleague?
● First and foremost, you’re somebody who gets excited about technology and still wants – needs – to learn. Technology dogmatists need not apply. We focus on the person behind the skills when we recruit, but from a practical point-of-view, there are some hard skill requirements, and you must be able to check all these boxes to be considered:
● A minimum of two years commercial experience developing software in Java.
● At least a basic understanding of the DevOps / SRE approach to designing and operating production systems.
● An understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
● An understanding of microservices and service-oriented architectures
● Working proficiency and communication skills in English
● Motivation to work in a cross functional team within an agile working style
What will you use daily?
● CI/CD (GitHub Actions, ArgoCD)
● gRPC, Protobuf
● Red Hat Open Shift
● Istio Service Mesh
What is a nice bonus to have?
● Hands-on experience building cloud native solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
● Demonstrable experience of programming with Java in a real-world application of substantial size,
● whether commercial or hobby.
● Knowledge of financial markets (bonds, equities, interest rate swaps, futures, options)
You can look forward to:
- access to the knowledge repository and code review
- the opportunity to develop and improve your competences
- continuity of projects / working on new projects
- the opportunity to work with various technologies
- daily contact with a team of specialists in their field
This role is delivered from Prague, we do not offer visa sponsorship for this role – applicants from outside EU will be rejected.