Location: Praha, Czechia
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales in the Czech Republic employs over 400 people from 45 different nationalities. A total of 15 teams work on projects for government agencies, banking, mobile services and the Internet Of Things (IoT) technology. At the core of our business is the development of software which we configure and embed in a multitude of different devices and form factors. These include many kinds of payment cards, SIM cards, travel passes, secure eBanking devices, authentication tokens, machine identification modules (MIM), and secure ID documents including ePassports, eID and eHealth cards, as well as eDriving licenses. Because of the international environment surrounding us every day, it comes as no surprise that English is our official corporate language.
The S&M IVVQ Engineer for lvl3 is responsible for performing and guaranteeing Support and Maintenance (“S&M”) activities lvl3 within IBS Europe Delivery Center and is accountable for delivering Support and Maintenance packages to lvl2 team in term of quality, time and efficiency.
He has to ensure cooperation with Head of dedicated S&M team as well as with the different Service Delivery Managers (“SDM”), in order to understand and fulfill the Operational Level Agreement (“OLA”) on different accounts. He has to receive, validate, verify and prepare the delivery the Delivery Packages to lvl2 teams.
· Be a member of the Europe Eurasia Delivery Center S&M team
· Be responsible of tickets follow up with SDMs or lvl2 team, tickets resolution and support to lvl2
· Maintain test environments, along with their availability and possible updates
· Manage tickets priority and resolution inline with OLA
· Contribute to technical input for possible revenue opportunities within the supported solutions and validate implemented and agreed small change requests
· Work with other DC members, developers, validators and integrators, ex-members of the project execution or members involved in delivering other Projects with similar components, to reach complete resolution of the tickets
· Work with R&D members in case of tickets needing to be addressed on Product level
· Possible technical participation to Pre-sales activity if required
· Identification of potential dept on accounts and reporting to Head of S&M team
· Responsible for ensuring receiving smooth FQRs on Project level, guaranteeing full knowledge transfer from delivering team, allowing a maximization of autonomy of the dedicated S&M team
· Maintenance of the project’s validation campaigns and documentation, mainly Administration and Maintenance Guide
· Execution of regression campaigns both internally and assist lvl2 in their, including guidance for relevant and effective regressions for lvl2
· Coordination with all parties involved
· Possible update and maintenance of automated tests
· Responsible be for selection of tools and/or development of them if non-existing and if bringing efficiency
- Fluent in English
- Leadership skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have technical background with understanding and hands-on experience of S&M
- Customer and service oriented mind, along with complex problem solving
- Strong technical background
- Advantage of knowing of Client Server applications, web services, Unix/Linux and Windows Servers
- Advantage of knowing of knowing Data Bases structures (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, MySQL)
- Advantage of knowing of knowing basic security mechanisms, including PKIs, network protocol
- At least 4 years of experience in Software Validation as a Tester / Validator/ QA Eng.
- Excellent knowledge in validation methodologies, processes and tools
- Very good analytical mind, problem solving skills, able and willing to learn
- Detailed oriented, able to cope with and manage multiple tasks
- Communicative, open-minded, friendly and a team player
- Flexibility and ability to share knowledge and to work under pressure
- Willingness to Customers on-site (up to 20-30% of working time with possible peaks going above)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!