data centre (regular)
IT Network Design (regular)
Division – IT Infrastructure and Operations
Functional Area – Service Design & Engineering
Direct Report- Service Design & Engineering Manager
Purpose of the role
The role of Infrastructure Architect is responsible for supporting the design, development, delivery and maintenance of IT products and services. They have demonstrable technology knowledge in their field, domain or specialism and are a vocal supporter for the architecture role/purpose, including build high quality products and services. The role entails the sharing of knowledge and experience -blending technical knowledge, architecture and development skills. Infrastructure Architects have a breadth of understanding across a range of technical domains and depth of experience in at least one domain or specialism (see desirable).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (incl. key stakeholders)
- Delivering and supporting technical design of a product or part of a shared platform.
- Ensuring technical quality and adhering to architecture principles and road-maps.
- Supporting development of the IT organisation by sharing best practice and reference architectures.
- Engaging with other architects and engineering teams to implement the solutions needed by the business.
- Delivering product solutions and be accountable for product architecture in alignment with engineering.
- Identifying, capturing, sharing and iterating reference patterns and architectures.
- Implementing and sharing patterns to create reference architectures.
- Creating innovative solutions and recommendations for improvement throughout the
- Service Design & Engineering function.
Stakeholders: Service Design & Engineering Manager; Cloud & Infrastructure Architects; Demand coordinators; Cross-functional IT teams; Senior leadership (various) as required to support projects and initiatives.
Key functional competencies
- Testing (Level 4)
- Systems integration & build (Level 4)
- Hardware design (Level 4)
- User experience design (Level 4)
- Problem management (Level 3)
- Financial management (Level 4)
Education / Experience
- Required Education: Degree level or other relevant education (maths/statistics or similar).
- Experience: 5+ years in IT network design. Desirable: Specific network knowledge (Azure /AWS / GCP)
- Proven experience of working in a federated matrix model.
- Language: English (fluent
- Competitive base pay
- On-site gym at offices
- 30 vacation days
- Discount on collective health insurance
- Excellent opportunities to develop and progress with a global organization