Supply Chain provision of materials and services (advanced)
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
As a result of dynamic growth of our organization we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Functional/Business Consultant. The person hired in this position will be responsible for providing consulting services involving the formulation, implementation and ongoing use of Hitachi Energy’s commercial solutions in support of Customers’ business needs.
This role is expected to champion the implementation methodologies developed for Power Grids Enterprise Software (PGES) and provide mentorship and guidance to Customers and colleagues involved in implementation projects “One Team”.
- Consult the implementation and/or ongoing use of the PGES Solutions for Customers as directed by the assigned Project Manager, in accordance with the CSO QA regime and in project Statement of Work (SOW).
- Follow work plans, quality requirements, schedules and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility.
- Provide business process related consulting activities in accordance with project SOW.
- Demonstrate PGES EAM solutions to meet the Customer’s and typical business needs.
- Support Sales in sales activities and participates in pre-sales activities when required; RFIs, RFPs etc.
- Identify and report additional business opportunities for consulting when conducting an existing engagement.
- Foster development and implementation of agreed concepts, principles & strategies, methodologies, processes, awareness and training, in support of knowledge management initiatives relevant to the customer base.
- Keep up to date with product developments and return customer and market feedback to Product Management.
- Follow and comply with company health, safety, and environmental policies such as “Don’t look the other way”, Lean 6 Sigma and Hitachi Energy hazard reporting.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business area.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience of aspects of asset management, maintenance and work management in asset intensive industries; specifically, power generation and transmission, utilities, transportation, mining or public infrastructure.
- Experience in the deployment of enterprise software solutions is desirable.
- Good practical understanding and experience of the Supply Chain provision of materials and services.
- Knowledge of preventative, predictive and shut down (outage) planning, scheduling and work management is highly desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English (other languages are an advantage).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and confidence for senior audiences.
- Ability to effectively structure work to handle multiple demands and competing activities.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills to quickly analyze complex situations.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com