Ruby on Rails (regular)
Ruby on Rails (regular)
Who are we?
We are Global App Testing, and we want to change the way you test software to make it easier, faster and more convenient than ever before! We are currently 110 people spread across Europe, with offices in London, Krakow and Cluj. We’re growing rapidly and recruiting for multiple positions. 🙂
What are we building?
At the moment we are focusing on a new product in our platform that will revolutionize the market – it allows you to delegate manual testing of the application you are working on to our community of testers from all over the world. You will get the first results (from several testers) after only 2 hours, also on weekends. You can trigger testing through our UI… or directly from the tools you use every day, such as Jira, GitHub Actions or Slack! Join us, and help us bring this new product to a whole new level!
What do we expect?
- Please note – you do not have to meet all requirements to apply 😉
- Approximately 4 years of commercial experience
- Technical skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Decent knowledge of React, JS
- Awareness of good practices (clean code, TDD, SOLID, KISS, DRY etc)
- Very good English (clear oral and written communication)
- Proactivity, initiative, teamwork skills
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Ability to self-organise
- Nice to have:
- Experience in working at product companies or startups
- TS, GraphQL
- Practical experience in creating integrations with external interfaces
- Developing highly scalable and stable systems
- Contact with DDD
- Experience in the testing industry
- Experience in working remotely
What do we offer?
- 17k – 30k PLN / month on B2B;
- Benefits to choose from (2-3):
- Private Healthcare (Luxmed),
- Sport club subscription (Multisport),
- Conference budget,
- Training budget,
- Additional parental benefits – Nanny Service,
- Ability to work remotely, including workation,
- Paid days-off, 26 days + all bank holidays + 5 sick days;
- Permanent B2B contract or employment contract;
- 100% remote working in the European time zone or working from one of our offices;
- Training budget and support for self-development initiatives (developers guild, dedicated time for learning, free days to go to the conferences, book clubs, etc.);
- A modern and constantly updated technology stack, which you can find here</a>;
- Possibility to benefit from IP Box tax relief (Poland).
What can you learn from us?
- We have an extensive DevOps infrastructure, thanks to which we qualify as “elite performers“, performing 180 deployments on production per month.
- We work with a product team in London that will teach you modern methods of discovering, grouping and selecting problems and solutions (product discovery).
- The average experience of our engineers is 9 years in the industry and our extensive recruitment ensures that we attract the best. There are people to learn from.
- You will see how DDD and CQRS look in practice on our modular monolith, as well as how experienced developers design system and solution architectures, how we identify and prioritise technical debt, and how we share ownership when multiple teams are working on a product.
- We have experienced industry leaders who will nurture your career at GAT through dedicated 1:1 sessions, coaching, mentoring, leadership courses, and development plans.
Who are we looking for?
- You, if you are not afraid to experiment, implement quickly successively better and better versions of our product, and sometimes throw away what doesn’t work.
- It’s important for us that your approach to learning and growth doesn’t differ from ours – we believe that if we don’t get better, we get worse.
- We rely on you to tell us (in a human way) if we’re doing something wrong, rather than hiding it. We offer the same – as partners.
- If you don’t like logging hours and wasting time on irrelevant chores, and what matters to you is the end result and impact of it – we are the company for you.