Landis+Gyr is a leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions. We measure and analyze energy utilization to generate empowering analytics for smart grid and infrastructure management, enabling utilities and consumers to reduce energy consumption. Our innovative and proven portfolio of software, services and intelligent sensor technology is a key driver to decarbonize the grid. Having avoided more than 9 million tons of CO2 in FY 2021 and committed to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030, Landis+Gyr manages energy better – since 1896.
With sales of USD 1.5 billion in FY 2021, Landis+Gyr employs around 6,500 talented people across five continents.
We’re looking for a Financial Accountant who will join our Transactional Accounting team in Prague and support our shared services projects in a international workplace. As Financial Accountant you will have a unique chance to handle wider scope of tasks and projects related to Account Payables, Account Receivables, Intercompany Accounting and Banking and so an opportunity to apply your knowledge as well as gain new relevant competencies.
With us you will get the opportunity to:
• participate in harmonisation projects to establish unified and efficient EMEA finance processes
• gain new skills and share best practices
• progress in a new dynamic workplace, make impact and cooperate with experienced professionals
Your future responsibilities:
• Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) accounting in SAP
• Processing of accounting documents (Invoices / Credit Note / Other)
• Check and Reject non-compliant documents (Legal + VAT)
• Post invoice with PO and service/goods receipt and manage exceptions and discrepancies
• Operate the approval workflow in invoice cockpit
• EDI document handling
• Prepare payment proposal and upload to ebanking and solve reminders
• Answer to account statement requests, handle queries and maintain master data
• Propose AP accruals
• Intercompany invoices reconciliation and intercompany accruals
• Subledger vs. G/L reconciliations
• Process Travel Expenses & Post expense report on employee account
• Load of T&E data file in SAP; handle employee inquiries re: T&E
• Process payments, bank statements and perform daily bank reconciliations (reconcile payments, invoices, customer accounts)
• Education in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred or relevant experience
• At least 2 years experience in Accounting (Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable); this may include relevant internships
• Knowledge of SAP is of a great advantage
• Business Use of English
• Flexibility and customer-oriented personality
• Attention to detail, structured work style and analytical mindset
• Ability to solve urgent matters and work under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines
• Open-minded friendly approach, active attitude in fast changing environment
We work in friendly and open-minded multicultural environment, where every individual has the chance to develop professionally, and offer a competitive benefits package.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to accept this challenge and to work in a very dynamic, cross functional and international environment, we are looking forward to meeting you.