Key responsibilities that support improving the quality and profitability of the GPOF Banking and Finance team – including Financial Institutions and Insurance – will comprehend, but not be limited to the following:
• Business planning, including utilising market research/ trends impacting business to position the G/P/O/F groups for growth. This involves engaging core PG members across the region to help increase support for core objectives, as well as enhancing collaboration within and beyond the region. Regularly reporting on progress against core G/P/O/F priorities and PG goals.
• Service line support, including the identification and mapping out offerings that meet market development and client needs. Support service line leaders in building out materials to support cross-group collaboration and drive revenue growth. Under from the guidance and direction of the Practice BD leads and PGLs, support the monitoring and adaption of service line offerings to match market developments and client needs, optimising opportunities for revenue growth.
• Focus on business growth, including managing pitches (in collaboration with client, sector and local C&M teams) and supporting product development (in partnership with innovation team, and clients – co-creation) to proactively support client development (in tandem with sector/client teams). Deliver pitch materials, lead multi-country pitches and presentations for the PGL and maintain the pitch database.
• Driving market favourability, including drafting and managing submissions (in collaboration with regional and local C&M teams) to increase market recognition in support of the Firm’s moonshot. In addition, G/P/O/F groups will regularly feed into sector-led campaigns and thought leadership that proactively highlight and promote core service line offerings.
• Business planning, including monitoring and reporting on the setting/tracking of clear financial targets (working together with regional and local Finance teams) and as developed by the PGL. Core objectives include contributing to the development of the annual PG budgets and overseeing financial performance of G/P/O/F groups.
• Support the improvement of financial literacy/hygiene amongst PG partners, with the goal of driving profitability/ revenue growth. To be managed in tandem with business development goals (pitching and pricing) and financial goals (utilization and profitability) and supported by tailored talent programs (developing combined L&D, Finance, C&M, Innovation/Project Management modules).
• Nurturing talent, working with the Europe Talent Team to identify key talent across the PG and support their development.
• Talent management and integration, support the PGL, Talent Team and CMPs in their steps to identify, recruit and onboard laterals through producing quality materials and maintaining records on talent development objectives.
• Talent development, support the upskilling of PG members across the region through delivering tailored PG retreats (working with the Events team) and engaging with the Talent team to develop initiatives that retain (and attract) PG talent, embedding these in regional (and PG specific) L&D programs.
• Talent engagement, support improved region-local engagement through better interaction between regional and country PGs.
• Operational efficiency under the guidance of the Practice BD leads and PGL, support the delivery of operational efficiencies, through identifying and seeking ways to improve project management and consistent/progressive development of precedents (in collaboration with the KM and Project Management teams). This includes a focus on improving legal service delivery (in collaboration with the Innovation team). The ultimate goal is to support the implementation of legal KM, knowledge sharing and best practice within PGs and across the G/P/O/F teams.
With at least 5 years’ experience preferably in a similar role, candidates must be well organised, reliable, proactive and ambitious and ideally have an understanding of the banking and finance industry, and of law firms. The G/P/O/F team is result driven, focused on having a positive impact on the Firm’s development and revenue growth.
• Higher education with fluency in English.
• Big 4 experience welcomed.
• Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a law firm, or other partnership model, major business service provider, consultancy or agency preferred.
• Experience working within an international environment highly advisable and advantageous.
• Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Team player, with strong track record in building impactful relationships.
• Financial literacy (forecasting, budgeting)
• Computer literacy (MS office, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All responsibilities above and relevant objectives/tasks are designed to be measurable (KPIs to be defined on a personal basis). These will be regularly reviewed as per the Performance Review Process in place and run by our Talent team in Europe.