React (nice to have)
Currently we are expanding our Polish office and we have 5 positions in various teams for our data analytics products. We are happy to welcome mid and senior developers to build and expand our teams (we need team leads as well).
If you are bunch of people who love to work together, let us know. We will try hard to make sure you can work together as fast moving team without stupid blockers. We also have some referral bonuses.
About Company and Projects:
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
In Comscore Teams we are building best UX/UI platform to allow our users to find what they need inside terabytes storage datasets. Challenges like:
– How to allow user to search through 50TB set and display that on the screen?
– How to improve API performance to handle 2x requests?
– How to dynamically display huge dataset to the user?
– How to design API communication to set the right trade-offs?
– How to scale the UI if we have 5k new customers?
are our daily.
If you are interested into very fun and not easy intellectual problems and adventures, Join us and face big data UI problems.
Instead of writing too long boring descriptions (and also interesting ones but those that I cannot write here as official message), I encourage you to apply or call me directly over email (after you apply you will get invitation email to recruiting system and we can message there) or + 48 576 137 010, I believe this is most efficient to get all interesting details, Tomasz.
- data analytics
- big data
- a lot of visualizations and data presentation
- great UI/UX for customers to discover interesting things inside big data
- multinational team (US/PL/IE/CH) – we use zoom/slack (all english), we use PL on internal calls
- product company (no software house, no multiple projects every month), we focus on specific problems
- All process is done by technical people (even first opening call, no BS, no time wasting on crap)
- 1x opening interview (organization, $, free days, benefits, skill match)
- 1x tech quick questions (profiling questions, should take ~10min, it will give us more or less idea who we are talking to)
- 1x technical interview (talk about technical solutions decided for a task and technical questions around that)
- optional – interview with CTO (probably not, but he sometimes does)
- multiple people you can learn from
- ~6 people
- people who are high standard individuals, no crap
- have experience with Django
- you understand Django migrations and Proxy models
- you can explain how table inheritance work
- you know when and how to optimize Django ORM
- optionally experience with React or some other frontend
- understand frontend/backend stacks (how they play together)
- understand HTTP API calls
- like to improve your technical skills
- have fun when programming
- have high coding, ethic and design standards
- (option) want to develop yourself into FullStack (django/react), python/django is a plus
- Linux basics (or comparable, WSL or Mac tooling), docker is nice to have, kubernetes is nice to have
- Git (you know how to rebase and cherry-pick)
- put your own ideas into real world products (we are still small team and everybody contribution is essential and welcomed!)
- write quality code – yes, shipping is most important, but at the end it’s your name on it, let’s make it right
- design simple and elegant frontend (together with UX/UI and Product Teams) and data visualizations
- make sure tests pass (unit/integration/acceptance tests suits)
- daily standup
- bi-weekly product meeting (planning)
- real big data projects
- ability to learn full stack development if you wish
- small teams
- international projects (PL/IE/US)
- hands-on an all solutions and decisions within the team
- your ideas going to production
- small, independent team working environment (no crazy meetings, no big management structure, the team make rules and ship the software)
- multinational team, English on slack and Zoom calls (we have people in US, Hungary, Ireland, China and Poland)
- fully remotely or in office (Wrocław, Szewska 5)
- private healthcare, multikafeteria
- working on product (no project switching every 3 months) – we believe such approach benefit both sides the most, where you can fully focus on specific tech stack, specific product, specific problems
- flexible work time (if you need to get your child from school or do something in the city)