Does working for a company that embodies innovation, transparency and creativity excite you? Then, we have the place for you.
Bringing together Axioma, DAX and STOXX to form Qontigo represents a partnership beyond standard, creating an investment intelligence advantage with our clients, from risk to return. Qontigo combines the most sophisticated risk analytics and portfolio-construction tools in the market with globally recognized leadership in creating market-defining indices.
We Innovate. We Create. We Collaborate.
For our office in Prague, Czech Republic, we are currently looking for an Director to lead the Index Operational Risk Management team within Qontigo Index Operations.
The Index Operations is currently organized in 3 units defined as Index Surveillance and Monitoring, Index Review, and Corporate Actions across 4 locations (Frankfurt, Zug, Prague and Hong-Kong) and is responsible for any day to day activities related to the maintenance of indices under STOXX mandates.
Operational Risk Management team aims to ensure compliance of Qontigo Index Operations with Deutsche Börse Group Policies, BMR, IOSCO as well as new regulatory and/or company-established requirements. The team acts as a quality date and is mandated to ensure that Index Operations activities remain quality driven, transparent and client focused.
– Liaise with teams perfoming BAU activities for design and implementation of new controls to address key risk areas and ensure compliance with policies and regulations
– Investigate root causes of operational risks and propose strategic plans to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks
– Ensure adherence to the Control Framework through detective controls (spot checks, random samples
of evidence) and preventative measures (risk mitigation by automation, review of controls to
– Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner
– Support strategic risk initiatives, coordinate audit and regulatory activities including remediation work
– Manage and coordinate regular review of Qontigo Index Operational handbook and policies to ensure they are maintained and correctly reflect activities, as well as Qontigo/DAX Governance decisions
– Liaise with auditors (internal/external), provide support during audit and ensure mitigation actions are implemented
– Review and classify incidents, track resolution and closure, coordinate post-mortems, prepare internal / external reporting
– Monitor third party data providers to ensure adherence to contractual obligations
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
– Strong Risk Management experience (+5 years), preferebly within financial industry
– Ability to take ownership of topics and work independently
– Be able to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks time-efficient and autonomously in parallels and work on tight deadlines
– Excellent verbal and written English language skills
– Ability to comfortably interface with all levels of management and staff
– Strong organizational skills, capability to prioritize and follow established guidelines
Qontigo is an equal opportunity employer that offers challenging work in a supportive environment.
Direct hires only – no agencies or recruiters