We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who would be part of a dynamic and critical squad working on IBM Cloud cost calculation-related tools. You will be responsible for implementing DevOps best practices within an internal project already utilized by hundreds of employees. We are using a hybrid cloud within the project and trying to increase its adoption among hundreds of customers.
The position is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
We are open to flexible working hours (at least 2-3 days a week on-site is required).
Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Design and maintenance of the infrastructure and the deployment processes
- Automation, configuration, and container management
- Supporting and implementing CI/CD infrastructure on the project
- Ensuring best practices and project baselines are met
- Production and non-production environment installation and management
- Application management, including backup and monitoring
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and management of Docker containers
- Scripting (Shell, Python or Ruby) and at least one general programming language (preferably TypeScript)
- Experience with hybrid cloud solutions
- Implementing DevOps best practices from scratch
- Critical and analytical thinking
- English - B2, Czech is not mandatory
- Fundamental experience in Infrastructure as Code (preferably Terraform)
- Advanced Docker knowledge and awareness of best practices
- Experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes orchestration
- Experience with IBM public and hybrid cloud
- Experience with NodeJS projects
- Proven hands-on experience SW development, testing, CI/CD, like TravisCI, GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, or any different
- TCP/IP protocols knowledge (SSH, HTTP, …) is an advantage
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.