unix shell (junior)
We are looking for a skilled DBRE that would join our Platform Engineering team working side by side with our SREs and Platform Engineers to build a database infrastructure for the 21st century. You will be a part of an agile team utilizing infrastructure as code and working with modern tools and technologies.
- Work on database reliability and performance aspects within the Platform Engineering team
- Analyze solutions and implement best practices for our database clusters and its components.
- Work on the observability of relevant database metrics and make sure we reach our database objectives.
- Work with peer SREs to roll out changes to our production environment and help mitigate database-related production incidents.
- OnCall support on rotation with the team.
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams (for example through reviews of database migrations, queries and performance optimizations).
- Actively participate in the development process
- Implement rigorous backup and recovery processes which are regularly tested, reviewed and improved
- Work on automation of database infrastructure and help engineering succeed by providing self-service tools.
- Support and debug database production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Define and implement a toil reduction strategy within the team
- 5+ years of experience running PostgreSQL and/or MySQL in large production environments
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform…)
- Have solid programming skills and basic understanding of OO programming principles
- Have strong understanding of SQL
- Have experience working in a distributed production environment
- A self-starter who takes pride in job ownership and creates ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- Basic understanding of software best practices such as Agile-based development, Devops, coding guidelines, code reviews etc.
- Passion for stable and secure systems management practices
- Strong data modelling and data structure design skills
- A fast-growing company with start-up plus culture
- To learn and work on cutting-edge technologies in a pleasant, optimistic and enthusiastic international team and a chance to directly influence the workflow
- A challenging environment where innovative ideas are implemented, supported and highly appreciated
- Opportunity to use English on a daily basis
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working time and trust in your own responsibility
- Smoothies and fruit
- 4 sick days/ year
- Sporting opportunities
- Financial remuneration starts on 2800 EUR monthly/gross and might go higher based on your level of experience and overall seniority