C (nice to have)
We are looking for a Software Developer/Data Engineer to join our data engineering team. If you are passionate about data and technology, we are eager to talk to you. The ideal candidate has both a willingness and desire to work in a dynamic environment, is able to apply Agile methodologies in day to day activities, and is a self-motivated developer who also enjoys working in a team environment. Our people have a creative, innovative, fun, and collaborative attitude, and are dedicated to creating new and valuable solutions for HP.
The Data Engineering Specialist applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
You will design, develop, test, modify, deploy, and document solutions and services in both local and cloud based deployments of our Big Data infrastructure. Create solutions using current programming languages and tools and interact with team members, customers, and partners to define requirements. Collaborate with stakeholders and data scientists to analyze, extract, and report meaningful insights from data collected.
The Data Engineering Specialist:
- Designs and establishes secure and performant data architectures, enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of data pipelines, repositories or models for structured/unstructured data.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of data system or component; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into data system architecture.
- Leads a project team of other data engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for assigned data system, model, or component.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
- Typically 4+ years of experience in software or data engineering.
- Solid experience in data modeling, data integration and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Python preferred).
- Strong SQL proficiency as well as experience with NoSQL.
- Experienced with Apache Spark (PySpark experience – advantage).
- Excellent communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design and change proposals.
Additional preferred qualifications
- Data transformation using AWS services
- Familiar with best practices of the data and software engineering lifecycle and/or best practices of the above platforms and tools.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
- An attractive benefits package
- Diverse, continued internal growth and career opportunities. Including HP’s own learning platform and LinkedIn Learning.
- HP product discount
- Work life balance /flexible working hours
- Women, Pride, Young employees, Multicultural and DisAbility! Just a few of our fantastic global business networks you can get involved with locally.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!