Database design (advanced)
While no longer a startup – we have 300+ people on board and have been operating since 2011 we’ve kept our people-oriented culture. Our values are simple:
• Disrupt to grow.
• Team up to win.
What else you should know:
• We use SCRUM/Agile methodology
• Our tech stack for the project includes: GCP (BigQuery, Cloud Functions), AWS, Azure, relational and non-relational databases, application logic written in Python
• The client is based in the US
We work on multiple interesting projects at the time, so it may happen that we’ll invite you to the interview for another project, if we see that your competencies and profile are well suited for it.
• Designing and implementing features in GCP’s BigQuery and Cloud Functions (Python)
• Implementing solutions suitable for either OLTP or OLAP approaches
• Investigating possible bottlenecks and improving overall databases’ performance
• Taking part in technical design discussions
• Delivering automatic tests for your code
• Validating the solution with the client (demo)
• Fixing discovered bugs efficiently and effectively
• Working in agile methodology and collaborating with a team
Do we have a match?
• Very good understanding of database design concepts and approaches
• Hands-on experience with GCP’s BigQuery and Cloud Functions (or other cloud’s substitute like AWS Redshift and Lambda)
• Knowledge of Python and SQL
• Experience with CI/CD tools and processes
• Basic understanding of virtualization technologies with emphasis on Kubernetes, Docker would be a plus
• Knowledge of AWS/Azure would be a plus
• Experience with non-relational databases would be a plus
• Knowledge of Git
• Good communication skills, English (B2 level), ability to confront technical solutions with the team and the customer’s technical representatives to validate the solution with the client
More reasons to join us
• Professional growth supported by internal training sessions and a training budget
• Solid onboarding with a hands-on approach to give you an easy start
• A great atmosphere among professionals who are passionate about their work
• The ability to change the project you work on