We are a human brand. We are a culture brand. We are Four Seasons.
We are world’s leading operator of luxury hotels and resorts currently managing more than 120 properties worldwide.
Four Seasons Hotel Prague is looking for a talented Credit Supervisor to join our diverse team.
About the Job
Maintain proper credit procedures in the hotel in accordance with local and corporate policies and procedures. Control and monitor prompt and accurate billing and collection of all accounts receivable items in order to maintain the lowest possible outstanding accounts at all times.
About the Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain local credit policies and procedures regarding billing, credit cards, collection, inquiries and cheque cashing and prepare month-end and year-end reports and reconciliations in accordance with established corporate guidelines.
- Ensure prompt and accurate billing for all accounts and timely collection follow-up.
- Maintain credit histories, original approved written requests for credit and other records for regular hotel accounts.
- Ensure that the check-in / check-out procedure adequately protects the hotel without burden or delay to the guests of the hotel.
- Print, prepare and mail statements for outstanding C/L accounts at least twice per week.
- Answer guest and credit card inquiries concerning accounts including the documentation and preparation of adjustments if necessary on a timely basis.
- Prepare and maintain complete, accurate and organized records for all outstanding accounts as directed by the Accounting Manager.
- Ensure all Travel Agent payments are properly reviewed/verified, audited and all Travel Agents have valid IATA number (or equivalent) and ensure that payments are not made for non-commissionable transactions and the Travel Agent is eligible to receive payment.
- Review group and catering contracts, establish understanding of billing arrangements and follow up on deposits and prepayments.
- Review with Director of Finance or Accounting Manager all accounts that are over 30 days and implement collection procedures and write off or adjust uncollectible amounts in accordance with established corporate guidelines.
- Assist the Income Auditor, if necessary, in reconciling the City Ledger totals.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Accounting Manager.
- File documents and reports.
- Perform Month end tasks and reconciliations.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in the performance of his/her other duties as requested including the following:
- Obtaining credit references.
- Collection of outstanding accounts.
- Attending pre & post conference meetings with meeting planners.
- Attend and record minutes at credit meetings.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure balances agree to the outstanding credit card balance per the credit card reconciliations.
- Update credit card reconciliations on a daily basis that agree to transmissions and receipts; where credit card numbers are stored electronically, no hard copy of the numbers should be retained on file.
- Verify credit card settlements and transmissions to receipts in bank and outstanding balances are traced for future receipt and ensure exceptions are investigated and anomalies are brought to the Director of Finance’s attention.
Qualifications in detail
- College education.
- Minimum one to three years of experience in Accounts Receivable or related position with Four Seasons or other organization.
- Require a working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and Four Seasons Internal Controls, Policies and Procedures as they relates to Credit and Accounts Receivable. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job or through a series of professional certifications.
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment, Microsoft Office Suite software, Opera and F&B POS systems.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
What to Expect
Feedback is a key; therefore, you will be asked to give your feedback on regular basis and you will also have an informal chat with your 1 up manager and mentor.
FS Prague People value a culture of unique personal contribution and strive for the excellence. We value an open and transparent communication and working in psychological safe environment. We enjoy the common goal to make us always better and stronger. And we love to have a fun together.
We want people engaged, committed with a creative and open mindset and strong sense for responsibility. We want people who enjoys to serve the others.
We hire for the attitude not for the skills.
Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Discover the world with attractive complimentary and employee rates at Four Seasons Hotels worldwide
Complimentary Employee Meals and laundry/dry cleaning
Employee benefit cafeteria system
About our Priorities as an Employer
- Recruiting and keeping top talent
- Enabling employee growth
- Improving the employee experience
- Establishing a feedback culture
- Nurturing respectful communication
- Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion