1 +! is the number of patients that Novartis has reached in the Czech Republic. We are in pursuit of partnering with public sector in all that what we do in Novartis Group in order to shape up the healthcare system that serves them.
As Country Public Affairs Head you will work with all Novartis divisions. You will take a lead to truly reimagine medicine with our portfolio of breakthrough therapies, generic business making treatment more affordable, and business services supporting the company globally.
You will lead the charge to reimagine the healthcare sector long term, and help to challenge assumptions on how we can best deliver care for persons living with illness.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead Government Affairs activities/projects to support business objectives; Identify, prioritize and drive topics which define policy environment for business
• Shape external policy through stakeholder engagement; Contribute to the creation, revision and publishing of policy documents, advocacy toolkits, training materials
• Position Novartis Group as a trusted partner; Shape, represent, and advance Novartis legislative, policy and alliance strategic objectives at European, national and regional levels
• Deliver political intelligence and advice to Novartis businesses; Identify and analyze legislation that may affect Novartis business, as well as propose language and strategies to amend and improve legislation
• Map external stakeholders and systematically engage, setting up key platforms for engagement on key policy and business priorities, working in partnership; Execute product advocacy where applicable
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Previous experience in Public Affairs / Governmental Affairs leading role; preferably in an environment driving a complex, multilayered agenda
• Policy making experience; former experience in national / international policy making bodies will be an advantage
• Strategic thinking & planning
• Stakeholder engagement; Joint value creation approach
• Accent on collaboration across divisions/functions
• Interpersonal savviness, effective communication skills
• Fluency in English and Czech
You’ll receive: Company Pension Plan; Life and Accidental Insurance; Meals Allowance or Canteen in the office; Flexible working hours