Olympus Czech Group s.r.o. (OCG)
With 340 employees, Olympus Czech Group is the Central and Easter Europe hub.
•Assess and manage compliance risks
•Have knowledge of and monitor changes in local/international compliance regulations, and implement, establish and maintain processes/documents/SOP in accordance with these regulations
•Implement and update the current Compliance strategy and SOPs in accordance with the Group Compliance instrutions.
•Manage compliance cases, identify risk areas and provide adequate reporting
•Identify, assess and report local compliance best practices and provide feedback to Group Compliance
•Report regional compliance activities and KPIs within agreed timetables
•Participate in Compliance ROC Meetings and Monthly Compliance Telco calls for all compliance risks areas.
•If necessary, engage in and cooperate with the Group Internal Audit for the purposes of testing guidelines and procedures
•Ensure active communication and training regarding compliance topics. Onboarding trainings for new employees. Trainings for all compliance areas for new rules and up dates and refresher trainings.
•Plan and implement communication initiatives to foster a culture of compliance awareness and compliance responsibility within the European framework
•Provide legal services in local and regional matters
•Act as a point of contact for contact persons in subsidiaries and provide leadership for those contact persons.
• Internal investigation of complaints from the Olympus Integrity Line or other forms of complaints received.
• All compliance operational agenda including approving interactions in MAP ( Medical Affairs Portal), Third Party Due Diligence in Navex, approving grants and charitable donations, resolving medical device cases registered in the DEMOCENTER system with the customer after 90 days,
• Compliance support for all OCG departments for activities in the Czech Republic, support for all departments in the ECE region (CEE +CIS). (i.e. Countries with legal form of representation ( branch office or representative office and countries with distribution sales).
• Ensuring reporting of interactions with health care proffesionals to authorities in all countries in the region where there is a legal obligation to report (Currently Slovakia, Serbia, Romania, Israel).
• Quarterly review of compliance of limits from Health Care Compliance with applicable local law in the region.
• Monthly reporting of compliance and legal agenda to Corporate Governance Manager.
• Regular reporting of Health Care Compliance Deviations and Violations to the Regional Medical Affairs Manager.
• Ad hoc reporting upon request.
• Reporting of significant litigation matters.
• Sending outgoing mail via data mailbox in OCG.
• Arranging signatures of executives aborad and documents from HQ including necessary translations and apostillation.
• Arranging translation proof read and local laws checks of training materials.
• Arranging translations of new SOPs and model documents.
• Advising on the interpretation of signing rules under the Delegation of Authority.
• Administration and management of law firms including billing system VIM.
• Support on M&A projects as instructed by the project team.
• Management of electronic archiving of contracts in archiving system
• Drafting contracts and reviewing them according to company and HQ requirements.
• Creating legal templates as required by company and HQ.
• Legal support in the field of public procurement.
• Changes to OCG’s entries in register of qualified suppliers for public procurement.
• Providing qualification documents for public procurement in the country and coordinating the provision of documents from and for the region.
• Legal support to the regional distribution group.
• Organisation of notary services, arranging apostilles.
• Dealing with requests from authorities (in part applicable to legal).
• Support in court proceedings and cooperation with external offices )
•Relevant degree in law or business or similar and qualified work experience
•Interest in compliance topics and issues and in business and legal affairs
•Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly, communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; active knowledge of English and Czech
•Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and work productively in a team environment
•Strong working, ethical and organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and use time effectively to fulfil the set tasks
•A unifying approach to interdisciplinary and international teams, coupled with high persuasion and motivating skills
•PC skills, advanced knowledge of office software (MS Office, Lotus Notes, etc.)
About Olympus Corporate