Compliance Specialist, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic
20+ countries in EMEA are in scope of the Prague NGSC compliance team. Executing financial controls, you will be part of the team supporting all functions to ensure Novartis’ business is run according to the highest ethical and legal standards as well as in compliance with all external and internal regulations and polices. The role executes end-to-end Procurement related control activities on countries/site’s behalf to ensure that compliance is applied as per NFCM and relevant SoPs, and followed to the required standard. Interacts with the local process owners, Financial Service Centre associates, Financial Controls & Compliance managers, Global/Regional Procurement Operations associates and other relevant stakeholders to maintain seamless control execution, issue resolution, risk mitigation and identification of areas of improvement related to the Procurement control environment.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Subject Matter Expert for the assigned NFCM controls – Disseminate the knowledge and train the Compliance Team to ensure a standardized and effective control execution across all team members
• Proactively propose improvements in control execution and trigger their implementation; – Activate as the main point of contact for the Senior Procurement Manager and Team Coordinator to successfully support the completion of regular and ad-hoc specific processes e.g. monthly control
• Execution/Runbook completion, Self-assessment, reviews, audits etc. – Work together with control owners for defining robust remediation plans for failed controls.
• Liaise with Global Compliance Team and provide centralized input during the GWIs Review Exercise. – Ensure that any identified and addressed deficiencies related to control execution are reflected in team members’ Job Aids, if needed.
• Control evidence preparation – Prepare the execution of in-scope controls for each country/site process as per defined GWIs. – Structure the data extracted into relevant reports
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced degree is required.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Other foreign languages as required.
• 2+ years of experience of working in a global environment in a similar position.
• Experience with Procurement Operations and Procurement function in general, in supporting the compliance related processes. • (SOX, internal controls, data analysis
• Experience in reporting & analytical tools (SAP BW, MS Access and MS Excel).
• Auditing and/or business process re-engineering experience, with strong internal control focus would be an advantage
Monthly pension contribution matching your individual contribution up to 3% of your gross monthly base salary; Risk Life Insurance (full cost covered by Novartis); 5-week holiday per year; (1 week above the Labour Law requirement) ; 4 paid sick days within one calendar year in case of absence due to sickness without a medical sickness report; Cafeteria employee benefit program – choice of benefits from Edenred CZ in the amount of 12, CZK per year; Meal vouchers in amount of 90 CZK for each working day (full tax covered by company); Public Transportation allowance; MultiSport Card. Find out more about Novartis Business Services: