The MedTech segment produces a broad range of innovative products used primarily by health care professionals in orthopaedics, general surgery, neurovascular, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. This segment is comprised of One Ethicon, DePuy Synthes and Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions.
Are you seeking a diverse and exciting role filled with opportunity, leadership, and growth? As Finance Controller you will lead and coordinate delivery of the Hospital MedTech (MT) financial agenda in Central Region which covers Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary. You will be a valued business partner to the Managing Director and their board whilst leading & developing your direct finance team. This includes shaping the strategy execution, driving decisions on portfolio optimization, go-to-market models and having a leading role in management processes to drive profitable growth. You will also be primary contact to the Depuy Synthes Franchise Lead across the wider Central & Eastern European (CEE) cluster.
- Member of Central Commercial Leadership Team
- Member of the cluster CEESAT Finance Leadership Team
- Lead team of 3 Finance Analysts
- Responsible for Total MedTech Central business (~$100MM sales p.a.)
- Report into the Finance Director for MedTech CEESAT cluster (CEE, South Africa, Turkey)
- Provide strong financial leadership to secure long term profitable growth, through analysis of new business opportunities and other key projects aligned to the business strategy (e.g. Value co-creation, Resource allocation, Portfolio Rationalization & Working Capital Improvement). Partner with the business to drive execution, build sound financial models and ensure ongoing monitoring.
- Manage delivery of the P&L and other financial targets including Sales, Profit, and Working Capital balancing risks and opportunities, course correcting with leadership team where needed
- Provide sound financial analyses of investment cases including consideration of macroeconomic and other external environment factors
- Demonstrate strong and unwavering compliance leadership including reviewing and maintaining finance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all SOX, HCC, and J&J policy requirements; demonstrates ethical leadership with any 3rd party distributor partners and business decision making
- Proactively and transparently partner with MT Regional, FP&A, Global Services, Tax, and Invoice-to-Cash teams, fostering one finance team spirit, accountability, and commitment to achieving business outcomes
- Drive standardization of activities and proactively shares new insights across the region and wider finance function
- Actively lead and manage direct team, facilitating and coaching through a high standard of continuous performance, open & honest feedback, and development conversations; realize the power of diversity & inclusion
- Support the implementation of wider J&J organization strategic business and finance projects
- Support other ad-hoc priorities as needed
We are looking for a successful individual that brings commercial mentality and has a strong financial backbone who can be confident representing the organization & finance function at various levels inside and outside of Johnson & Johnson. We are an integral team committed to developing strong relationships across countries and functions. Crucial skills and experience for this role include:
- University Degree in relevant field (Finance, Business, Economics) required
- Recognized Professional Accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CMA, etc.) strongly preferred
- 8+ years of work experience within finance and accounting
- Previous experience working in global international company strongly preferred
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous issues with proven success in managing complex projects and processes.
- Proven track record of effective business partnering & results delivery in a highly matrix environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - across cultural differences and ensuring management understand the financial priorities and constraints, ability to align business partners on tough financial calls
- Apply knowledge of organizational drivers, dynamics, and informal networks to influence appropriate business decisions
- Delivers presentations to senior management with confidence; provides recommendations and solutions; encourage others to speak their mind and creates an inclusive environment; demonstrate confidence to acknowledge when answer is unknown to a business question
- Strong teammate, people manager and ethical (Credo minded)
- Strong people management skills
- Demonstrate work life balance; solicit feedback on organizational health and implement improvements; remove barriers to success
- Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs for business impact
- Communicate and get cross-organizational alignment around the time constraints and commitments required; anticipate and resolve workload bottlenecks
- Strong continuous improvement mentality
- Some business travel up to 10% may be required in the role
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on ambitious projects and assignments.
- An opportunity to participate in employee engagement activities on a voluntary basis based on individual preference
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employees benefits:
- 5 weeks of vacation, home office, flexible working hours, sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria, referral award, life and accident insurance, MultiSport card
- Contribution for: Prague public transportation, language study, illness leave, pension contribution
- Refreshment in the workplace, company gym, free sports activities, corporate events
Employee benefits are regulated by an internal policy that contains full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.