Life At Planet
Do you love putting smiles on faces? Do you want to work in an environment that is obsessed with making customers and employees happy? Do you want to be part of a global mission to revolutionise commerce and payments? Do you want to be working in a progressive organisation with the ambition to be the global player in what we do? If you do, then this role could be for you….
Here at Planet we are extremely proud of our heritage of over 30 years. And it is what makes us a unique payment partner for many of the world’s most prestigious brands. We don’t just provide world class commerce and payment services, we generate revenue for our customers, and we help them grow. In the early days, we set out to simplify the complex payment process of VAT refunds for international shoppers in Europe. Fast-forward to today, and our single payments platform is unique in the industry – the only one that offers acquiring, processing, digital wallets, VAT refunds and currency conversion services. We have recently integrated several other tech businesses – Protel, Hoist, Datatrans, Proximis – to help us to continue to grow and dominate the market as we set about our mission of being a world leader. And with the strong Private Equity Investors Advent International and Eurazeo, we are well set up to win.
We know that it’s our people that differentiates who we are and what we do…and that is why we are keen to hire world class talent like you.
The role is based in Czechia, focuses on selling retail payment products to customers and prospects.
The Business Development Manager is an experienced, knowledgeable, and customer-obsessed professional who will sell and develop programs to new merchants and create value propositions that deliver growth. Your responsibilities are to create and utilize your network to source, convince and win accounts. You will work with world class marketing, product and support organizations. Our product suite is growing fast and you thrive selling tech products to different stakeholders within an organization. Winning new customers and driving revenue are the key performance indicators in our fast growing business
What you’ll be doing
- Sell new products to prospects and existing clients. The focus is on NEW
- Understand merchants’ business needs and define success criteria as relevant to their unique business dynamics.
- Partner with internal and external teams to enrol merchants in growth initiatives.
- Break targets and pipeline into doable actions and set timeframes to deliver them.
- Ensure the Company targets and objectives are the key focus priority.
- Make sure all Sales activities are clearly reported, documented and shared internally.
- Scout for new businesses whilst creating and maintaining productive partnerships that can source new business for you
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future functionality of Planet to find and execute new opportunities.
- Creative use of email, phone, databases, and social media to reach deeper into merchants’ organizations.
- Report on pipeline status and performance to make your work visible to internal stakeholders.
Who you are
- Have at least 5 years of experience of working in a Sales or Business Development role in the Retail, Payment, SaaS or E-Commerce sector
- Have a proven track record of winning new business
- You are a relationship builder with a strong convincing and can-do attitude
- Your customers and prospects always come first and you love to spend time with them
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are a networker
- You are curious and have a hands-on-mentality
- Bring the ability to adapt easily to fast-changing environments
- Good decision making, problem-solving, and negotiating skills.
- Self-motivated, team focused and well organized with an outgoing and pleasant personality.
- Show independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanour in all situations.
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind of relevant stakeholders and conviction to make the right decisions.
- Drive for closure
- Bring excellent MS Office skills (Salesforce skills are a plus)
What you will need to bring to Planet
- Fluency in Czech & English is essential.
- Flexibility as this position is mostly field-based with the requirement to go into our offices as and when appropriate and required.
- This role requires creativity to connect with merchants in relevant, unique, and personalized ways, persistence to demonstrate value to merchants for whom the strategic value of payments is not obvious and vision to understand where a merchant’s business is headed and make sure Planet is a strong part of that future.
What do we offer and why should you join us?
We don’t shy away from wanting to hire great people to deliver amazing things for our customers. And once you join us, we want to keep you motivated and engaged in our collective mission.
Growth and skills
We know that for some it’s about growing into more senior and exciting roles, and for others it’s about becoming a deep technical expert. No matter what your ambition, we are with you all the way. We know that investing in you is the way to keep skills relevant and you motivated.
Work in the office? Work from home? Have family and life commitments that mean you need flexibility? What we care about is what you deliver not where you work nor the hours you work. We know flexibility matters and that’s why we offer the flexibility that suits you and your lifestyle.
An array of people
We know that to win, our workforce needs to reflect the world in which we live and the customers we serve. We are proud that we have a culture where everyone and anyone can bring their whole selves to work.
Ready to meet us?
We hope this role sounds exciting and could be your next step. If so, we’d love to meet you – click the button to apply. Go on. Make our day.