As a Business Developer, you will be an informal leader of a 3-member micro-team. With a Production Engineer, who takes cares of the production process and quality, and a Supply Planner who handles logistics. Based on the analysis, you will draw up an action plan once a year to reduce production costs and to develop better design for the customers, all within the framework of sustainability and ethical business practices.
You also can expect to:
- Develop partnerships with suppliers – The micro team travels regularly, in order to start new products, solve production issues, improve production efficiency and to provide suppliers with feedback and help with the implementation of the action plan.
- Lead to lower costs, create calculations – Look for cost saving opportunities for both existing and new products and negotiate prices ,reducing costs
- Develop supplier sustainability level
- Operation – Set plans and lead their implementation in team regarding project implementation and data entry.
Stacey, a Business Developer in IKEA and says:
I am responsible for sourcing high quality products for IKEA stores and customers. I travel and interact with people globally. Meeting with current and/or potential suppliers to explore different business opportunities also helps to enhance my knowledge of the industry and different ways of working.
The benefits within IKEA are quite generous. IKEA values a healthy and balanced work/life environment. At IKEA you are the master of your own destiny. You have the opportunity to grow the business. You will find that a responsible approach and good self-management will allow you a more flexible work schedule that fits well with your personal life. If you are self-motivated, able to think outside of the box and enjoy a challenge, you won’t regret joining IKEA.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Business Developer or similar purchasing experience – with proven record of developing business and suppliers.
- Experience from metal industry and/or production – preferably steel, is an advantage but not a necessity.
- Ability and willingness to challenge – both internal ways of working and suppliers to find better ways of doing business.
- You know economics and finance – understanding of company financials: cash flow, P&L, income statements and cost breakdowns.
- Passion for business and the end-goal – both will come in handy when negotiating with suppliers, where you are to be strict but fair. A solution-oriented person, concentrating on problem solving the regular business issues.
- Demonstrate the capability to build trust and relationships in order to build long-term Business partnerships and establish productive team relationship with key stakeholders.
- Analytical skills – working with numbers, negotiating prices, or setting priorities for your work, in a usually high paced and demanding environment.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. You are comfortable in presenting and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- Have great communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation until August 14, 2022 at the latest. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate. We are looking forward to receiving your applications!