We are looking for a BI Engineer to join the Data team. You will be a core part of the team that has a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in many aspects of our company’s activity.
The position is fully remote, with the capacity to join our office in Krakow. You will collaborate closely with product, operations, commercial teams, product managers developers, DevOps teams.
Why work with us?
- You’ll be working in a fast feedback and deploy environment
- Deploy multiple times a day to production
- DevOps Environment: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, Sentry, GitLab, Slack & JIRA
- You’ll use the latest technology and practices
- Load/Events: Fivetran, Stitch, Segment
- ETL/Storage: PostgreSQL, dbt, Segment
- BI: Metabase, DataStudio, Amplitude, DataHub
- We just started working on a new modern data warehouse and you will take a meaningful part in our data team efforts
- You’ll grow personally and professionally
- Leadership: Mentoring, Personalised Development plans, 1:1s
- Team: Friday tech talks, Retrospectives, knowledge sharing
- Quickstart: Bootcamp, Buddy System, First-day release to production.
Compensation & Benefits
- Negotiable salary, but within 18000 – 26000 PLN net a month on a VAT invoice (B2B), depending on your experience and quality of your code; employment Contract also possible
- Paid holidays (all holidays in your country + up to 26 days)
- Sick days allowance
- Private Healthcare (Luxmed)
- Sport subscription (MultiSport)
- Training/Learning budget
- Permanent contract with a 3 months trial period
What You’ll be doing:
- build a modern data warehouse with a stack similar to (dbt, airflow, fivetran, redshift, datahub, …)
- providing data engineering and automation expertise to our solutions
- data extraction from a wide variety of company systems
- integrating, consolidating and cleansing data, hosting new solutions
- being exposed to new cutting edge technologies and solving complex data processing problems to help bringing the latest tools/platforms
We don’t expect someone to tick every box. We are willing to train the right person who wants to learn.
- Passionate about exploring information from data and automation.
- 4+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of modern data warehouse technical architectures (data modelling, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures and hands-on SQL coding)
- Good experience with data-pipeline infrastructure (Redshift, dbt, Lambda, S3)
- Experience building reports and dashboards in a data visualization tools
- Demonstrate capacity to clearly and concisely communicate complex business logic, technical requirements, and design recommendations through iterative solutions
- Strong grasp of SQL and at least one scripting or programming language.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Strong analytical skills
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Proactive attitude. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Think outside of the box.
- Focus on delivering and self-management
- Good written and spoken English communication skills (preferred min C1)
Nice to Have Skills:
- Interest to learn the Data Science ecosystem
- Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases – for example Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery etc.
- You can work from a modern office in Kraków at Wadowicka street with billard, table football, chill-out area or even fire-place
- Our dedication to helping you become successful.
- Responsibility and a real say in the future of the company.
- You’ll have a role that will be vital to the company’s growth and every idea you come up with will always be carefully considered