At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an Application Tester to work on tool tied to IBM Cloud and its sellers.
As a member of the team, you will help us to test new features and ensure that they work as expected.
Join IBM as Application Tester for the Watson iLab department.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Validating the work of the team – testing the application and recent changes.
- Writing and designing test cases – working with stakeholders, understanding their problems and demands.
- Reporting bugs
What your daily tasks will look like:
- Execution of QA activities for software products, including test preparation and test execution.
- Work with developers to track, analyze and fix bugs.
- Review of documentation.
- Use IBM Cloud in your daily work as a source of information.
- This experience is good for people who are looking for an entrance into a path of becoming a developer, like a QA automation engineer.
- Understanding of IBM Cloud offerings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Profound knowledge of software testing types and procedures.
- Working as a part of the growing team by helping with testing.
- Czech and English on communication level.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life-cycle, work in Agile environment.
- Understanding GraphQL.
- Being able to work with Git version control system on a basic level (clone, checkout, fetch, pull).
- Familiar with how browsers and HTTP work, what HTML and DOM is.
- Basic knowledge of QA tools, for instance: Postman or GraphQL playground, to test the GraphQL API. Chrome DevTools for networking inspection.
- Willingness to learn, we offer access to IBM Your Learning platform with content like Udemy courses or O’Reilly books to acquire/improve skills.
About Business Unit
A team of young developers, testers, dev-ops and designers based at IBM in Prague (Czech Republic). Brought together in the spirit of a start-up, we focus on building our main product - internal application for tech sales as well as rapid prototypes, prototypes and proof of concept applications.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.