Android Studio (regular)
Android Studio (regular)
Paramount Tech in Warsaw plays a crucial role in Paramount Global engineering organization. We make sure that millions of users worldwide can enjoy Paramount content through the web, mobile, and TV applications through our projects. As part of the Network Streaming engineering team, you will work with more than 40 android engineers to develop a world-class VOD experience for millions of users. You will design, build and deliver outstanding quality solutions for our brands used across the globe. The engineers’ work is shared across multiple teams (MTV, Comedy Central, BET+ and more).
Products we develop are exposed to millions of users globally. The majority of our business clients are located in New York or London. Current projects are (e.g.) related to:
- modular VOD platform (e.g. ) supporting video playback (with DRM),
- educational platform with eBooks and games for kids, with parental control.
- MacBook Pro with an additional monitor,
- Android Studio,
- Jira, Confluence,
- BitBucket, GitHub,
- Slack, Zoom.
How we work:
- Our teams own “how” decisions – we are autonomous regarding the architectural choices, technologies, and approach to providing high quality solutions,
- Our Engineers are involved in every stage of SDLC,
- Our divisions are built from various engineers, i.e. Backend, Mobile, DevOps, Test Automation and System Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches,
- Our products are exposed to millions of users globally,
- We focus on test automation and code quality – and we do that by automating whatever is possible!
- The majority of business clients are located in NY or London,
- Every project is run based on Agile principles using Scrum / Kanban.
- Employment contract,
- Hybrid/Remote (home office if applicable),
- Multisport card + private medical care,
- Access to e-learning and self-development platforms and office library,
- English and Polish language lessons,
- We participate in and speak at conferences, also join/ run public meet-ups (e.g. Google IO, WWDC, Confitura),
- In-house activities: tech talks, hackathons,
- You can use 10% of your working time to pursue your personal development and side projects,
- Active global inclusion and CSR groups,
- Well located, modern office with lots of amenities – adjustable desks, electronics toolkit, 3D printer ready for you to use in our maker-zone, pool table, console, table tennis.
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem and tools (Kotlin, RxJava/Kotlin Coroutines),
- Understanding of Gradle based, modular projects,
- Willingness to learn new languages, frameworks and techniques,
- Experience with software development in a globally distributed environment,
- Passion for solving business problems.
- Write well tested, readable code for Android,
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers, give and take feedback,
- Have to be flexible and willing to learn both independently and with other team members,
- Use your craftsmanship to deliver an exceptional experience to our users,
- Collaborate with a team of experts to create company-wide architecture standards,
- Learn both independently and with other team members,
- Contribute to our commitment to creating well-tested and reliable code,
- Learn a large existing code base and add new features to it.